With the arrival of spring renovation, home improvement, and gardening season, you know the Ridge Meadows Home Show won’t be too late!
Hosting the Society of Ridge Meadows Home Show at the Planet Ice and Maple Ridge fairgrounds from April 29 to May 1, the show features hundreds of booths showcasing everything from home décor and kitchen renovations to your garden solutions.
And with so much fun for the whole family thanks to partner events like Family Fest, Psychic Fair, Monster Foam Party and the interactive bee fair from Golden Meadows Honey Farm, it’s clear why this is a favorite event on the spring calendar.
“People are happy to get out and do things again, whether it’s finding solutions for their home projects or having some hands-on fun at Family Fest,” says Graham Vanstone, executive director of a show that has delighted visitors for over 30 years. “And I think both the exhibitors and the public are looking forward to connecting with their community again.”
To help you plan your visit, here’s a look at what happens over the three days:
- in house view – With admissions of only $5 for singles and $8 for families, find everything you need to renovate, decorate, and orchestrate your home. Stop by the cooking section, learn what’s new in health, beauty and fitness, and be sure to check out the market for great gadgets and home essentials.
- to visit – Sponsored by Envision Financial and welcoming a host of new exhibitors and returning favorites, your how-to pros will be there on Fridays, 4-9pm, Saturdays 10am-8pm, and Sundays 10am-4pm, and remember: Parking Always free!
- family fun – Let the kids burn a little at Family Fest, sponsored by Haney Builders Supplies. Featuring free entry and lots of fun, enjoy theatrical entertainment, carnival and midway fare, hands-on activities and more. You’re also invited to cool off with a complimentary skate shoe, included with admission to your home show, courtesy of City of Maple Ridge and RG Properties: Friday, 6-8 p.m.; Saturday from 5 pm to 7 pm; And Sundays, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., you can bring your own skates or rentals are available for a fee.
- Fantastic food trucks After you’ve finished planning your springtime projects, stop by the on-site Food Truck Festival, where you’ll find a selection of street foods and desserts from the area.
- More fun for adults – in case you need more Reasons to visit, don’t miss the shows outside the main entrance to Planet Ice, including ATVs, motorcycles, and boats from GA Checkpoint. And for anyone who has lived amidst the dust of drywall as a result of a renovation, the Reno Hideaway – a fully equipped RV from DMC Contracting – is a must-visit!
In addition to hosting a weekend full of opportunities for homeowners and families, as a non-profit organization, the Ridge Meadows Home Show Society is also committed to giving back, and has invested nearly $200,000 in grounds and facilities improvements at the fairgrounds, Planet Ice and curling rinks over the years, In addition to running a strong student volunteer and mentorship program.
To find out more including full schedules of show activities over the weekend, visit ridgemeadowshomeshow.com
Read more: Back to work: The Ridge Meadows Home Show returns from April 29 to May 1